The European Union’s General Data-Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been in force for almost a year, but in spite of numerous publications in the media there is still a lot of misinformation and confusion around it. In our new webinar, we guide through the key concepts of GDPR, discuss what the regulation means for AdTech companies, […]
Over the past several months we’ve published many articles covering the changes the GDPR introduced in the AdTech and MarTech industries.
We’ve educated our readers through various articles: FAQs, infographics, and expert commentaries. We also covered various industry standards related to the workings of the GDPR, including the IAB Transparency and Consent Framework.
This time, we’ve created a webinar which details the key concepts and workings of the GDPR. Enjoy!
Running time: 44 minutes
Suitable for: All those who work in online advertising and marketing at tech companies, brands, agencies, and publishers.
Access: FREE — no sign up or sign in required. Just click play.
Here’s what you’ll learn in the webinar:
Part 1 — GDPR Fundamentals
- What is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? ~1:31
- What is ePrivacy? ~2:30
- What’s the Difference Between the GDPR and ePrivacy? ~3:42
- Key terms of the GDPR ~5:15
- The 6 legal bases for processing data ~6:20
- The four main areas of the GDPR that impact AdTech & MarTech ~9:06
- Personal data ~10:41
- User consent and user rights ~14:59
- Data breaches ~18:15
- Data protection by design and default ~18:49
- The fines for not complying with the GDPR ~20:05
Part 2 — Technical and Legal Challenges
- The main technical challenges for AdTech & MarTech companies ~23:24
- The main legal challenges for AdTech & MarTech companies ~25:47
- How user consent works from a technical perspective ~28:48
- What a consent management platform (CMP) is ~32:14
- The challenges AdTech & MarTech companies face when collecting user consent ~35:56
- The aftermath of the GDPR ~42:11
Questions, queries, or comments?
If you have questions about the GDPR and AdTech/MarTech, queries about how to build GDPR tools (e.g. CMPs) or make your platforms GDPR compliant, or comments about the webinar, then send them to us