The European Union’s General Data-Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been in force for almost a year, but in spite of numerous publications in the media there is still a lot of misinformation and confusion around it. In our new webinar, we guide through the key concepts of GDPR, discuss what the regulation means for AdTech companies, and what responsibilities it imposes on data controllers and processors.
Over the past several months we’ve published many articles covering the changes the GDPR introduced in the AdTech and MarTech industries.
We’ve educated our readers through various articles: FAQs, infographics, and expert commentaries. We also covered various industry standards related to the workings of the GDPR, including the IAB Transparency and Consent Framework.
This time, we’ve created a webinar which details the key concepts and workings of the GDPR. Enjoy!
Running time: 44 minutes
Suitable for: All those who work in online advertising and marketing at tech companies, brands, agencies, and publishers.
Access: FREE — no sign up or sign in required. Just click play.
Here’s what you’ll learn in the webinar:
Part 1 — GDPR Fundamentals
- What is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? ~1:31
- What is ePrivacy? ~2:30
- What’s the Difference Between the GDPR and ePrivacy? ~3:42
- Key terms of the GDPR ~5:15
- The 6 legal bases for processing data ~6:20
- The four main areas of the GDPR that impact AdTech & MarTech ~9:06
- Personal data ~10:41
- User consent and user rights ~14:59
- Data breaches ~18:15
- Data protection by design and default ~18:49
- The fines for not complying with the GDPR ~20:05
Part 2 — Technical and Legal Challenges
- The main technical challenges for AdTech & MarTech companies ~23:24
- The main legal challenges for AdTech & MarTech companies ~25:47
- How user consent works from a technical perspective ~28:48
- What a consent management platform (CMP) is ~32:14
- The challenges AdTech & MarTech companies face when collecting user consent ~35:56
- The aftermath of the GDPR ~42:11