During this phase, you’ll likely have multiple calls with our business-development representatives and project managers so we can gather information about your project and start to think about the technical aspects (e.g. the tech stack and the architecture).
The goal of the discovery phase is to:
- Understand the goals, vision, and context of your project.
- Identify your project’s initial requirements and possible technical challenges.
- Answer the various technical questions that arise during this phase.
Typical duration:2-3 weeks
2. A) MVP Scoping
The goal of the MVP Scoping phase is to:
- Select the features for your MVP and create a list of user stories (tasks) that will create and shape the product backlog.
- Identify the technical unknowns of your project and look for possible solutions.
- Assess whether the vision and goals of your project are achievable and provide you with alternative approaches to overcome major obstacles.
- Optionally, depending on the complexity of the scope, select the right tech stack for the project – e.g. programming languages, frameworks, databases and infrastructure.
2. B) PoC DevelopmentThe PoC Development phase is designed to:
- Focus on 1-2 key features that are crucial for product development.
- Begin implementation as soon as possible, without spending too much time figuring out all the details in areas outside of the PoC scope.
- Establish the workflow with you and showcase our team’s capabilities, quality, and speed.
Our teams work in 2-week sprints whereby they aim to release new or improved features at the end of every sprint.
We aim to release your Minimum Viable Product (MVP) within 3-4 months.
Minimum Viable Product (MVP) Development Phase
Next up — the MVP Development and Launch phase. This is where your product will be designed, built and released according to the plan created in the earlier phases.
3. MVP Development and Launch
The MVP Development and Launch phase is where your product will be designed, built and released according to the plan created in the earlier phases.
The goal of the MVP Development and Launch phase is to:
- Build your project’s MVP — including frontend, backend and infrastructure development, UX/UI design, and QA and testing.
- Launch your MVP to initial users or stakeholders.
- Start gathering feedback for the Post-MVP Development phase.
Click on the image below to view a visual representation of our AdTech & MarTech development process:
4. Post-MVP Development
The goal of the Post-MVP Development phase is to:
- Gather feedback from users and/or stakeholders to identify which direction your project should go and which features to build next.
- Continue the development of the platform via our agile development process (2-week sprints).
- Provide support and maintenance of the production server(s).
- Monitor the platform and respond to emergencies (optional).
The number 1 reason why startups failed was because there was no market need (42%) for their product.
Of all large IT projects exceed their budget.
McKinsey & Company, in conjunction with the University of Oxford
Small projects have a success rate of 76% compared to a success rate of just 10% for large projects.
The Standish Group
AdTech & MarTech Development: How To Design, Build, and Launch a Working Platform Within 4 Months
Discover how to build new advertising and marketing technology platforms in months, not yearsDOWNLOAD AND START READING NOW
Our Agile Development Process
During the PoC Development and MVP Development and Launch phases, we’ll follow our agile and incremental development process.
Your project will be organized into two-week iterations (sprints), which include:
- Sprint planning
- Product backlog refinement
- Sprint review
Here’s how we’ll release your MVP within 4 months:
- Use our set of ready-to-extend components and validated proofs of concept to help us shorten the development cycle of the minimum viable product (MVP) and reduce project risk.
- Deliver a new or improved part of your project at the end of each sprint.
- Reduce the number of bugs and ensure that new pieces of code are compatible with the rest of the software by running various software tests on every new component.
In order to produce new or improved features on a regular basis, our developers work in two-week sprints (increments). Each sprint is like a mini-project in itself, with tasks centered around the most necessary or most important areas that need to be completed for each phase of the project.
Your Involvement in the Development Process
We strongly encourage and welcome your involvement during the entire process. We see the best results when our clients have a full-time Product Owner on their end with our project manager acting as a proxy Product Owner, working with our team directly.
In particular, we will:
- Hold regular update meetings to inform you about the progress of the platform and answer any questions you may have.
- Work with you to keep the backlog, roadmap, and priorities up to date.
- Ask you to review and provide feedback on the new and improved features and functionalities, as well as solve certain action points that may arise from time to time.
- Consult with you on key decisions and describe the pros and cons of each decision to help you make an informed choice.
- Proactively suggest possible approaches that we can take with the project and offer solutions to problems based on our experience.
64% vs 49%
Agile produces a higher success rate (64%) compared to the Traditional method (49%).
Agile’s failure rate stands at just 9%, compared to a failure rate of 29% for the Traditional method
The Standish Group
Agile greatly outperforms the Traditional method in areas such as product quality, stakeholder value, ROI, and time/schedule.
Full-service development teams
Our development teams consist of all the required resources needed to build your AdTech or MarTech platform and can handle all the technical aspects of your project or collaborate with your teams.
UX/UI and graphic designers
Our in-house design team will be involved in the early phases of the project where they’ll sketch, create wireframes, and produce an interactive (clickable) mockup of your project’s user interface.
They’ll also be involved in later stages of the project to finalize the UX/UI with you and our developers.
Developers and DevOps
Our frontend & backend developers and DevOps will be involved in your project right from the beginning of the project.
They’ll be involved in preparing the story map, selecting the right tech stack (languages, frameworks, and infrastructure), and then later, building, testing, and maintaining your AdTech or MarTech platform.
At the beginning of our cooperation together, you will be assigned a project manager who will be in charge of the development of your software and be your main point of contact.
Your designated project manager will provide you with regular updates regarding the progress of your project, consult with on proposed changes and new features, and work with you to create your software’s roadmap.
Get initial cost estimates for your project
Talk to us about your proposed AdTech or MarTech development project and find out how much it’ll cost and how we can build the MVP within 4 monthsGet a free quote now