Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a cross-functional Scrum team member to develop a real-time bidding platform written in Python along with its web UI. The new team member will also be responsible for infrastructure monitoring and maintenance of the production environment. The successful applicant should have a positive attitude, a willingness to cooperate with others, ability to give and receive feedback and enjoy sharing knowledge and having fun while learning.
Specifics – what will you be doing?
- Developing an RTB application used in the production environment
- Analyzing project requirements and proposed solutions
- Document, implement and test platform’s REST API
- Cooperation with a frontend team at the interface level and optionally in creating new components
- Testing new and implemented solutions
- Deploying the platform to the production environment
- Applying changes to the platform’s infrastructure
You are our ideal candidate if you:
- Have at least 4 years experience as a Python developer (and the rest of mentioned technologies) plus skills in writing clean, legible, and productive code (we don’t have to mention documentation, do we?)
- Have worked on projects with an active production environment
- Have had the opportunity to participate in the development of scalable dispersed applications
- Understand the algorithmic complexity of solutions
- Get along well with people and embrace teamwork
- Have no fear communicating with clients (calls and emails)
- Are familiar with at least one web framework and ORM (we use Flask and SQLAlchemy, so knowledge of these topics is a big plus!)
- You are able to run a variety of tests and know how to optimize them and are familiar with py.test
- Are aware of cloud solutions and know a bit about monitoring dispersed infrastructure (AWS rules in our team)
- You know in and outs of developing and documenting REST APIs
- You know PostgreSQL, MySQL or other RDBMS (knowledge of AWS Redshift is a big plus)
- You feel comfortable using Linux (Debian) both as a user and sysadmin
It would be awesome if you also:
- Have previous experience in building web applications
- Have had a chance to use e2e testing tools (Selenium, Cypress) in the past
- Know the tools to user interface creation (JS, React, Redux)
- Are familiar with cloud solutions (AWS rules in our case)
What can you expect from us?
- Flexible cooperation
- An attractive salary (11000-14000 PLN net on a VAT invoiced B2B contract) and a chance to receive company shares (a bonus for the chosen ones)
- A development tools package with a regularly updated resource library, English classes, regular events with lectures given by our colleagues, knowledge-sharing (tech and business) groups
- Private health insurance
- A MyBenefit card
- A lunch card
- Flexible working hours
- The possibility to work remotely, provided you are able to come to the office if and when required
- Unforgettable parties and integration trips
- A completely unique work atmosphere (we really like to keep things informal)
Please don’t forget to include the following statement in your CV: “I agree to the processing of my personal data for the purposes of the recruitment process in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of Regulation (EC) No. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the EU Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data and free movement of such data, repealing Directive 95/46/EC.”
11000-14000 PLN net on a VAT invoiced B2B contract
Tomek Chmielewski - Python PM
How do we work?Currently, we are organized into two teams: one Feature Development Team, which focuses on developing new features and one Maintenance Team, which provides additional tools and optimizes already-implemented solutions. We’re mostly generalists, but team members are semi-specialized in their domains. We do unit tests, functional tests, and “blackbox” testing, using the py.test (with Selenium) and Mocha testing frameworks. Feature Development Team works in Scrums, while the Maintenance Team works in Kanban. Roles within the teams include: Developer, DevOps, Project Manager and Tech Lead.
What makes us special?We are developing one of the most challenging project in Wrocław (seriously!) and we love to celebrate achieving our sprint goals with cakes!
We welcome people who:
- Think both logically and outside the box
- Are creative
- Are not afraid of being confronted with a variety of problems and opinions
- Are able to effectively manage their time