Piwik PRO provides advanced solutions for marketers (web analytics and content personalization for web and mobile) tailored to the individual needs of enterprise clients. We develop and maintain infrastructure able to handle up to 1000 requests per second, process terabytes of data and focus on ensuring the high availability. Our main products are deployed both on-premises (self-hosted, PaaS) and in the cloud (SaaS). Each adheres to the strictest privacy and security regulations while ensuring our clients full data ownership.
The Piwik PRO team consists of seasoned web analytics experts, developers, administrators and project coordinators. We have advised on and delivered a wide range of successful implementations. We take enormous pride in helping businesses and public sector organizations thrive.
We expect you to have:
- At least 4 years of commercial experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Python and automatic testing
- Extensive knowledge of Linux (Debian, RHEL/CentOS) and the conviction that Alpine is a perfect choice as a base for a Docker container
- Had the opportunity to work with Ansible, Puppet or Chef and you know that automated tests are a must have when we talk about provisioning
- Contact with cloud environments (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Hands-on experience with Docker – you have built your own containers and managed them
- Knowledge what’s CI/CD and you’re able to develop it using Docker containers
- An understanding of microservices architecture. You have already worked with Kubernetes or Rancher!? Even better!
- Familiarity with at least some of the tools we use (mentioned below)
- Good English communication skills in order to work with technical documentation
It would be great, if you also:
- Have used Consul or other Service Discovery & configuration tool
- Feel that handling a 1000 req/sec traffic seems like a pretty cool challenge!
- Have a general understanding of system and network security – you know what differentiates a software firewall from a physical firewall and you’re able to create new rules
- Know the basics of TCP/IP protocols
- Are eager to learn and expand your knowledge
Our admin team plays around with:
- Nginx, Haproxy
- Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, Consul
- MySQL, ProxySQL, Redis, Clickhouse
- Sensu, Grafana, Prometheus, Logstash, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB
- Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS, Alpine
- Azure, AWS, bare metal
- High Availability, Load Balancing, FailOver
- CI/CD (Travis)
- Git, debugging (strace ftw!)
What we can offer:
- Flexible cooperation
- An attractive salary (11000-14000 PLN net on a VAT invoiced B2B contract)
- A development tools package with premium access to e-learning services, resource library, regular events with lectures given by our colleagues and knowledge-sharing (tech and business) groups
- Private health insurance
- A lunch Card
- A Multisport Card
- Unforgettable parties and company retreats
- A completely unique work atmosphere – we really like to keep things informal
Please don’t forget to include the following statement in your CV: “I agree to the processing of my personal data for the purposes of the recruitment process in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of Regulation (EC) No. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the EU Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data and free movement of such data, repealing Directive 95/46/EC.”
11000 - 14000 PLN net (B2B)
Kuba Bomba - Product Manager
How do we work?We develop an original product, a marketing stack called Piwik PRO Marketing Suite. We follow agile methodologies, especially SCRUM and Kanban, but we are always striving to improve our workflow. During our two-weeks sprints, we deploy to the test environment on a daily basis in order to later deploy stable versions to the production environment. To organize our work, we use the Atlassian stack – JIRA to manage the tasks and Confluence to help us create and maintain documentation. For code versioning, we use the distributed version control system Git, within GitHub. When developing software, we use the Continuous Integration methodology. We are enthusiastic about microservices architectures and we are gradually rewriting the whole application according to that approach. We put an emphasis on process automation, especially for code testing. We use Travis on a daily basis. Additionally, every pull request is subject to closer look, which we conduct in the form of a peer code review.
What makes us special?Everyone has real influence on the vision of the project and its development direction; we have a flat organizational structure. We take every team member’s opinion into consideration as to to the structure of the organization and choosing technologies. The relationships in the team are informal and friendly, at the office as well as after work. We meet up to play board games, Quake, football, and console classics.
We welcome people who:
- Are able to effectively manage their own time
- Have a willingness to develop themselves and expand their comfort zone
- Want to have a real impact on the development of the product
- Communicative and with a great sense of humor