Piwik PRO On-Premises
Job location: Wrocław, Poland
Piwik PRO provides an analytics and tag management suite tailored to the individual needs of enterprise clients. We develop a premium application based on Piwik – an open-source web analytics platform used by over 1 million websites worldwide. Our main products are deployed both on-premises and in the cloud, and each of them adheres to the strictest privacy and security regulations while ensuring our clients retain full data ownership.
The Piwik PRO team consists of seasoned web analytics experts, developers, administrators, and project coordinators. We have advised on and delivered a wide range of successful implementations, and we take enormous pride in helping businesses and public sector organizations thrive.
The chosen person will join our On-Premises team and get to cooperate with enterprise-level customers – companies that are recognized worldwide. He/she will be involved in the platform’s development, implementing our application, and customizing our solutions on a daily basis.
What do we expect from you?
- At least 2 years of experience on a similar position
- Knowledge of Linux (Debian, RHEL)
- Experience with MySQL and MariaDB
- Shell programing (Bash) and scripting (in perl, ruby or python) skills
- Knowledge of basic text processing tools (sed, awk etc.)
- Familiarity with at least some of the tools we use in our job (mentioned below)
- Good English communication skills and the confidence to solve technical problem for clients during live consultation (minimum B2 level)
- The willingness to work on a ‘second shift’ (2 pm – 10 pm) once a week (rotation)
It would be even better if you:
- Have already worked with Puppet and/or Chef
- Gained some practical experiences with Amazon AWS
- Have a general understanding of system and network security
- Know the basics of TCP/IP protocols
- Are eager to learn and extend your knowledge
- Are independent and willing to work on your own
Our admin team play around with the following:
- Nginx, PHP, php5-fpm
- MySQL, Redis
- Puppet, Docker
- Nagios, Nrpe, Munin
- High Availability, Load Balancing, FailOver
- Git, debugging (strace ftw!), problem solving
What can you expect from us?
- An attractive salary (6000-9000 PLN net on a VAT invoiced B2B contract)
- A development tools package with a resource library, regular events with lectures given by our colleagues, knowledge-sharing (tech and business) groups, and the opportunity to join our open-source projects that our teams are working on
- Private health care
- A lunch Card
- A Multisport Card
- The possibility to work remotely, provided you are able to come to the office if and when required
- Unforgettable parties and integration trips
- A completely unique work atmosphere – we really like to keep things informal
Please don’t forget to include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby give consent for my personal data to be processed for the purposes of recruitment, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments)”
About Dominik's team
Dominik CzajkaPiwik PRO On-Premises PM
How do we work?
Based on the two kinds of problems we meet in our everyday work, our workflow comprises of two agile methodologies: SCRUM (for product development, scalability, and automation) and Kanban (for maintaining our clients’ infrastructure). We care a lot about the quality of our solutions, therefore, we implement automated tests and look after every task to ensure it passes the code review.
What makes us special?
We develop our own, unique product – self-hosted web analytics. We are a startup, but we have a solid financial and infrastructure backing and extensive experience as a team. We work with different kinds of customers – starting from small startups, to international corporations listed in S&P 500.
We welcome people who:
- Have at least basic knowledge of our technologies and analytics
- Are not afraid to confront complex and non-standard problems
- Are communicative and open for contact with English-speaking clients
- Feel comfortable with making decisions by themselves