Piwik PRO Cloud
Job location: Wrocław
Piwik PRO provides an analytics and tag management suite tailored to the individual needs of enterprise clients. Our main products are deployed both on-premises and in the cloud, and each of them adheres to the strictest privacy and security regulations while ensuring our clients retain full data ownership.
The Piwik PRO team consists of seasoned web analytics experts, developers, administrators, and project coordinators. We have advised on and delivered a wide range of successful implementations, and we take enormous pride in helping businesses and public sector organizations thrive.
What do we expect from you?
- At least 2 years of commercial experience
- Great knowledge of Linux (Debian, RHEL)
- Experience with MySQL/MariaDB
- Practical experience with cloud solutions (Amazon AWS/Microsoft Azure)
- Familiarity with microservices architecture
- Knowledge of Docker; hands-on-experience in building and managing your own containers
- Familiarity with at least some of the tools we use (mentioned below)
- Good English communication skills, able work with technical documentation
It would be even better if you:
- Have already worked with Ansible, Puppet or another provisioning tool
- Have some experience with Consul
- Have a general understanding of system and network security
- Know the basics of TCP/IP protocols
- Are eager to learn and expand your knowledge
Our admin team play around with:
- Nginx, PHP
- MySQL, Redis
- Ansible, Puppet
- Docker, Rancher
- Sensu, Grafana, Logstash, Elasticsearch
- High Availability, Load Balancing, FailOver
- Git, debugging (strace ftw!), problem solving
What can you expect from us?
- Flexible cooperation
- An attractive salary (8000-11000 PLN net on a VAT invoiced B2B contract)
- A development tools package with a resource library, regular events with lectures given by our colleagues, knowledge-sharing (tech and business) groups, and the opportunity to join our open-source projects that our teams are working on
- Private health care
- A lunch Card
- A Multisport Card
- The possibility to work remotely, provided you are able to come to the office if and when required
- Unforgettable parties and integration trips
- A completely unique work atmosphere – we really like to keep things informal
Please don’t forget to include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby give consent for my personal data to be processed for the purposes of recruitment, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments)”
About Jakub's team
Jakub BombaPiwik PRO Cloud PM
How do we work?
We develop an original product, a marketing stack called Piwik PRO Marketing Suite. We follow agile methodologies, especially SCRUM and Kanban, but we are always striving to improve our workflow. During our two-weeks sprints, we aim to deploy to the production environment at least once a week. To organize our work, we use the Atlassian stack – JIRA to manage the tasks and Confluence to help us create and maintain documentation. For code versioning, we use the distributed version control system Git, within GitHub. When developing software, we use the Continuous Integration methodology. We are enthusiastic about microservices architectures and we are gradually rewriting the whole application according to that approach. We put an emphasis on process automation, especially for code testing. We use Travis on a daily basis. Additionally, every pull request is subject to closer look, which we conduct in the form of a peer code review.
What makes us special?
Everyone who works on Piwik PRO Cloud has real influence on the vision of the project and its development direction; we have a flat organizational structure. We take every team member’s opinion into consideration as to to the structure of the organization and choosing technologies. The relationships in the team are informal and friendly, at the office as well as after work. We meet up to play board games, Quake, football, and console classics.
We welcome people who:
- Have a great sense of humor
- Are able to effectively manage their own time
- Have a willingness to develop themselves and expand their comfort zone
- Have good communication skills and are willing to collaborate in English