Job location: Wrocław
Piwik PRO provides an analytics and tag management suite tailored to the individual needs of our enterprise clients. Our main products are deployed both on-premises and in the cloud. Each of them adheres to the strictest privacy and security regulations while ensuring our clients full data ownership. We have advised on and delivered a wide range of successful products. We take great pride in helping businesses and public sector organizations thrive. To date we have worked with clients such as: the European Commission and the Dutch and Canadian governments.
Currently we’re developing new components of our product, aiming to deliver a comprehensive marketing stack called the Piwik PRO Marketing Suite. We’re looking for a person who can help us guarantee the highest quality platform for our clients.
These are the challenges waiting for you:
- Building a test & QA strategy for our product
- Ensuring a stable development environment
- Maintaining the high quality of the whole platform in close cooperation with development teams: designing automated tests for performance, integration, and UI then looking after their implementation
- Making sure that every released version of the product is stable and each component compatible
- Supporting every day communication between development and implementation teams
- QA training and mentoring for technical team members, including testers
We believe this role is meant for people:
- With a few years of experience in QA of web applications
- With wide, practical knowledge of testing, including test automation and test management tools used during the whole software development process
- Experienced in working with at least some of the following: Selenium, Protractor, Behat, JMeter, Bamboo
- With a solid background in Continuous Integration and BDD
- Experienced in coordinating the work of several teams developing a single product
- Who love to share their knowledge
It would also be great if you:
- Have some background in web development and know web technologies (PHP/Python + JS)
- Have been responsible for the creation of QA strategy in an IT company
- Are a proud holder of an ISTQB certification (Advanced Level – Test Manager)
- Feel totally comfortable in Git and know relational databases and SQL
What can you expect from us?
- Flexible cooperation
- An attractive salary (9000-12000 PLN net on a VAT invoiced B2B contract)
- A development tools package with a resource library, regular events with lectures given by our colleagues, knowledge-sharing (tech and business) groups, and the opportunity to join our open-source projects that our teams are working on
- Private health care
- A lunch Card
- A Multisport Card
- The possibility to work remotely, provided you are able to come to the office if and when required
- Unforgettable parties and integration trips
- A completely unique work atmosphere – we really like to keep things informal
- Have a great sense of humor
- Are able to effectively manage their own time
- Have a willingness to develop themselves and expand their comfort zone
- Have good communication skills and are willing to collaborate in English
Please don’t forget to include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby give consent for my personal data to be processed for the purposes of recruitment, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments)”
About Jakub's team
Jakub BombaPiwik PRO Cloud PM
How do we work?
We develop an original product, a marketing stack called Piwik PRO Marketing Suite. We follow agile methodologies, especially SCRUM and Kanban, but we are always striving to improve our workflow. During our two-weeks sprints, we aim to deploy to the production environment at least once a week. To organize our work, we use the Atlassian stack – JIRA to manage the tasks and Confluence to help us create and maintain documentation. For code versioning, we use the distributed version control system Git, within GitHub. When developing software, we use the Continuous Integration methodology. We are enthusiastic about microservices architectures and we are gradually rewriting the whole application according to that approach. We put an emphasis on process automation, especially for code testing. We use Travis on a daily basis. Additionally, every pull request is subject to closer look, which we conduct in the form of a peer code review.
What makes us special?
Everyone who works on Piwik PRO Cloud has real influence on the vision of the project and its development direction; we have a flat organizational structure. We take every team member’s opinion into consideration as to to the structure of the organization and choosing technologies. The relationships in the team are informal and friendly, at the office as well as after work. We meet up to play board games, Quake, football, and console classics.