Python Developer (RTB)
Job location: Wrocław, Poland
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a cross-functional Scrum team member to develop a real-time bidding platform written in Python along with its web UI. The new team member will also be responsible for infrastructure monitoring and maintenance of the production environment. The successful applicant should have a positive attitude, a willingness to cooperate with others, and enjoy sharing knowledge and having fun while learning.
What will you be doing?
- Developing an application related to Ad Tech used in the production environment
- Testing new and implemented solutions
- Deploying the platform to the production environment
- Applying changes to the platform’s infrastructure
What do we expect from you?
- Python – the ability to write clean, documented, and simple code
- Knowledge of at least one web framework and ORM (we use Flask and SQLAlchemy, but acquintance with other will also be a plus!)
- Good practises when it comes to testing code (we use py.test)
- Knowledge of Git
- Familiarity with Linux
- SQL skills
- Good English communication skills
- Team spirit
It would be nice if you have:
- Web development skills
- Experience developing distributed applications
- Selenium testing skills
What can you expect from us?
- Flexible cooperation
- An attractive salary (5000-8000 PLN net on a VAT invoiced B2B contract)
- A development tools package with a regularly updated resource library, English classes, regular events with lectures given by our colleagues, knowledge-sharing (tech and business) groups
- Private health insurance
- A Multisport Card
- A lunch card
- Flexible working hours
- The possibility to work remotely, provided you are able to come to the office if and when required
- Unforgettable parties and integration trips
- A completely unique work atmosphere (we really like to keep things informal)
Please don’t forget to include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby give consent for my personal data to be processed for the purposes of recruitment, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments)”
About Grzegorz's team
Grzegorz ŚliwińskiPython PM
How do we work?
Currently, we are organized into two teams: one Feature Development Team, which focuses on developing new features and one Maintenance Team, which provides additional tools and optimizes already-implemented solutions. We’re mostly generalists, but team members are semi-specialized in their domains. We do unit tests, functional tests, and “blackbox” testing, using the py.test (with Selenium) and Mocha testing frameworks.
Feature Development Team works in Scrums, while the Maintenance Team works in Kanban. Roles within the teams include: Developer, Scrum Master and Project Manager.
What makes us special?
We are developing one of the most challenging project in Wrocław (seriously!) and we love to celebrate achieving our sprint goals with cakes!
We welcome people who:
- Think both logically and outside the box
- Are creative
- Are not afraid of being confronted with a variety of problems and opinions
- Are able to effectively manage their time