Full Stack PHP Developer – Piwik PRO Cloud
Job location: Wrocław, Katowice or remote
Piwik PRO provides an analytics and tag management suite tailored to the individual needs of enterprise clients. We develop a premium application based on Piwik – an open-source web analytics platform used by over 1 million websites worldwide. Our main products are deployed both on-premises and in the cloud, and each of them adheres to the strictest privacy and security regulations while ensuring our clients retain full data ownership.
The Piwik PRO team consists of seasoned web analytics experts, developers, administrators, and project coordinators. We have advised on and delivered a wide range of successful implementations, and we take enormous pride in helping businesses and public sector organizations thrive.
The chosen person will join our Cloud team, which is developing our SaaS product – Piwik PRO Cloud. Our product helps measure Internet and mobile app traffic in a fast, simple, and automated way. The technical team, which consists of full-stack developers and system administrators, is designing and implementing premium features to the platform. Our team also consists of people who are responsible for maintaining ongoing contact with customers and providing them with constant support.
What do we expect you to have?
- 3+ years of experience in working with MVC framework (Symfony [preferably], Laravel, Zend, etc.)
- Experience in working with large MySQL/MariaDB databases and other big data products
- Practical knowledge of code versioning and experience in using repositories (preferably GIT with gitflow)
- The ability to perform code reviews of team mates and suggest solutions to programming hang-ups
- Experience in laying out the steps to solve large-scale web and data problems in a group dynamic
- A background in planning deployment strategies of bug fixes and new feature code
- The willingness to test new technologies, open source or proprietary products to solve unique problems
- Prior experience with testing your own code (unit and integration tests)
- Good English communication skills
It would be even better if you have:
- Experience in working with ReactJS or AngularJS
- Knowledge of Hexagonal Architecture and CQRS
- Familiarity with Docker containers
- Familiarity with techniques and tools that help scale applications
What we can offer:
- Flexible cooperation
- An attractive salary (starting at 9000 PLN net on a VAT invoiced B2B contract)
- The opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience by working on great project with an impressive list of clients
- Multisport Card
- Lunch Card
- Access to a regularly updated resource library and the opportunity to contribute to it
- Flexible working hours
- The possibility to work remotely
- Unforgettable parties and integration trips
- A completely unique work atmosphere – we really like to keep things informal
Please don’t forget to include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby give consent for my personal data to be processed for the purposes of recruitment, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments)”
About Jakub's team
Jakub BombaPiwik PRO Cloud PM
How do we work?
We develop an original product, a marketing stack called Piwik PRO Marketing Suite. We follow agile methodologies, especially SCRUM and Kanban, but we are always striving to improve our workflow. During our two-weeks sprints, we aim to deploy to the production environment at least once a week. To organize our work, we use the Atlassian stack – JIRA to manage the tasks and Confluence to help us create and maintain documentation. For code versioning, we use the distributed version control system Git, within GitHub. When developing software, we use the Continuous Integration methodology. We are enthusiastic about microservices architectures and we are gradually rewriting the whole application according to that approach. We put an emphasis on process automation, especially for code testing. We use Travis on a daily basis. Additionally, every pull request is subject to closer look, which we conduct in the form of a peer code review.
What makes us special?
Everyone who works on Piwik PRO Cloud has real influence on the vision of the project and its development direction; we have a flat organizational structure. We take every team member’s opinion into consideration as to to the structure of the organization and choosing technologies. The relationships in the team are informal and friendly, at the office as well as after work. We meet up to play board games, Quake, football, and console classics.
We welcome people who:
- Have a great sense of humor
- Are able to effectively manage their own time
- Have a willingness to develop themselves and expand their comfort zone
- Have good communication skills and are willing to collaborate in English