Piwik PRO Cloud
Job location: Wrocław
About our work:
- We work on a product called Piwik PRO Marketing Suite, mostly developing its core functionality – the Web Analytics module
- In our day-to-day work we face challenges like scaling trackers and recording data in a way that makes it accessible and ready for fast aggregation and filtering; we want to be able to generate reports based on huge data sets
- Working on the application, we focus on its performance, scalability, and of course we create new features – that’s why we spend a lot of time on research
- Everything we do – from the process (Agile), to research, specification, implementation, and deployment – is carried out by our team; we have full control from A to Z over the decisions being made
This project is a never-ending challenge. We started as a 4-person team, now it’s 10. We have the green light to expand and in the near future, to create 2 independent teams. This expansion is the fruit of the success of our platform and of our desire to develop it further. We already know that we will work on:
- New features of the Web Analytics module
- Refreshing the UI of the whole platform – this project is still waiting for its leader, maybe that’s you?
- Improving the integration of our products (Web Analytics, Tag Management, and others)
Who we are looking for:
If you have experience in building similar applications or if you think you have the skills and knowledge that could be useful to us, drop us a line. You don’t need to be jack-of-all-trades – the backend is under control. We’re looking for a person that will totally wow us with their knowledge of frontend development, share their knowledge, and bring new quality to the team. We’re constantly learning new things and trying to improve our coding skills. However, we wouldn’t say no to an injection of fresh blood and someone with a healthy dose of experience with ReactJS.
What do we expect from you?
- Familiarity with design patterns
- Great knowledge of at least one of these frameworks: React+Redux (preferred), Angular, Vue, Ember
- Practice in using package managers (Npm, Yarn) and Webpack
- JS testing skills (Karma, Jasmine/Mocha/Chai, Enzyme)
- Knowledge of CSS and its preprocessors (LESS/SASS, PostCSS, others)
- A strong sense of UI aesthetics
- Knowledge of Git
- Good English communication skills
- Team player spirit
It would be great, if you:
- Have played with PHP
- Use TypeScript
- Are acquainted with libraries like redux, redux-saga, redux-thunk
- Feel comfortable working on Linux (Debian preferred – production and testing environment)
- Know Docker
- Have worked with any analytics tool
We can promise you:
- Flexible cooperation
- An attractive salary (8000-11000 PLN net on a VAT invoiced B2B contract)
- A development tools package with a regularly updated resource library, regular events with lectures given by our colleagues, knowledge-sharing (tech and business) groups
- Private healthcare
- A Multisport Card
- A lunch Card
- Unforgettable parties and integration trips
- A completely unique work atmosphere – we really like to keep things informal
Please don’t forget to include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby give consent for my personal data to be processed for the purposes of recruitment, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments)”
About Jakub's team
Jakub BombaPiwik PRO Cloud PM
How do we work?
We develop an original product, a marketing stack called Piwik PRO Marketing Suite. We follow agile methodologies, especially SCRUM and Kanban, but we are always striving to improve our workflow. During our two-weeks sprints, we aim to deploy to the production environment at least once a week. To organize our work, we use the Atlassian stack – JIRA to manage the tasks and Confluence to help us create and maintain documentation. For code versioning, we use the distributed version control system Git, within GitHub. When developing software, we use the Continuous Integration methodology. We are enthusiastic about microservices architectures and we are gradually rewriting the whole application according to that approach. We put an emphasis on process automation, especially for code testing. We use Travis on a daily basis. Additionally, every pull request is subject to closer look, which we conduct in the form of a peer code review.
What makes us special?
Everyone who works on Piwik PRO Cloud has real influence on the vision of the project and its development direction; we have a flat organizational structure. We take every team member’s opinion into consideration as to to the structure of the organization and choosing technologies. The relationships in the team are informal and friendly, at the office as well as after work. We meet up to play board games, Quake, football, and console classics.
We welcome people who:
- Have a great sense of humor
- Are able to effectively manage their own time
- Have a willingness to develop themselves and expand their comfort zone
- Have good communication skills and are willing to collaborate in English